Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Mazda 2 and fitting a hardwired Dashcam.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 10:17 AM
Default Mazda 2 and fitting a hardwired Dashcam.

Hi all,

I am fitting a hardwire kit for a NextBase 402G dashcam. I can fit the cable to the headliner and A-Frame extremely easily and then you reach the fuse box. The tiny miniture no space to work in fuse box. Does anyone have any idea how you remove the silver side part so that you can get access in here to find a ground point and fit the 12V-5V DC converted in there, not to mention routing the cables into that area?

Thanks and advance for any help offered,

Joanna.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:36 AM
Smile Solved

Figured it out, just route behind the headliner, down the a pillar, behind the front interior trim and behind the glove box (once removed.) Earth point on the left and just enough tiny gap to get the piggy back through the side of the fuse box behind to fit everything
For those who wonder how to remove glove box, really easy.. detached spring cable on right hand side, just push the round clip down it will pop out. Then on the left and right of the glove box you will see two plastic "pins" sticking out that stop it comming out to far. just squeese the glove box in a bit to get these past the trim. It will then just drop down and lift off, just has floating connection at back.

Also take note, Mazda 2 2008+ uses low profile mini fuses, not minis.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Default Lol

So many views, not one reply ... hehe

Old 10-03-2019, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Joanna Hammond
Hi all,

I am fitting a hardwire kit for a NextBase 402G dashcam. I can fit the cable to the headliner and A-Frame extremely easily and then you reach the fuse box. The tiny miniture no space to work in fuse box. Does anyone have any idea how you remove the silver side part so that you can get access in here to find a ground point and fit the 12V-5V DC converted in there, not to mention routing the cables into that area?

Thanks and advance for any help offered,

Joanna.
Hi there, Would you be able to send a little video of where exactly you routed the cables in the end? I know it's a little late but would be very handy

Old 10-27-2019, 09:26 AM
Exclamation Cannot find constant/always on fuse?!

Hi,

Can you kindly direct me to which fuse you used as a battery/constant/always on fuse please?

I cannot find one with 12V with ignition OFF.

Thank you!