Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

2016 Mazda 2 speedo swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 05:41 PM
Default UPDATE! 2016 Mazda 2 speedo swap

hey everyone,
I am interested in swapping speedo cluster with another version of Mazda2. Has anyone got any idea of the sockets/pins/plugs?
Thank you

I bought one with HUD on it. It has only 1 socket entry but mine has 2. Had to use only one and it worked. Only issue is my car doesn’t have I-stop and drl daylights so bulb warning and I stop blink. Used my diagnostic tool to erase it, didn’t find any fault. Will update if I can fix it. Works now with warning lights on.

It’s dirty I know. I cleaned it after checking & noting my odometer and installed this

Last edited by thejango; 06-04-2019 at 06:14 AM. Reason: UPdate
Old 11-27-2020, 03:18 AM

Hi I am in your exact situation. Did you managed to solve all problems occurred to you?
My only problem is that the 2nd connector which was attached to my original cluster seems to be related to the ac/rear window heater module so if I do not connect it the ac and rear window heater does not work. I have analog ac not digital.
Thanks.

Old 12-01-2020, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by mzifrit83
Hi I am in your exact situation. Did you managed to solve all problems occurred to you?
My only problem is that the 2nd connector which was attached to my original cluster seems to be related to the ac/rear window heater module so if I do not connect it the ac and rear window heater does not work. I have analog ac not digital.
Thanks.
Hey mate. I have tried to play with ECU but no luck. I had to swap back to stock one. Cheers

Old 12-02-2020, 01:20 AM

Hi mate. What was your problem exactly? Why had you have to play with the ECU and go back to the stock cluster?
Thanks

Old 12-02-2020, 01:26 AM

Hi mate. What was your problem exactly? Why had you have to play with the ECU and go back to the stock cluster?
Thanks
as same as yours. yours.etc. and also blinking start stop on dashboard. Mine was base model neo. Did not have start stop or digital AC. I was going to sell the vehicle so swapped back. I have tried with my computer to cancel blinking start stop lights. I also tried making short circuit on the hanging (2nd) socket that can't plugged to HUD dashboard. Nothing worked. Basically you need new wiring for whole dashboard.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:33 AM

I was going to try to attach a connector to the cluster as its holes are there maybe its circuitry is also present who knows but it worth the gamble as on my stock cluster I do not have a tachometer. I do not have any issue with blinking lights since I have i stop. My only problem is the ac and I am 100% sure that it is the absence of the 2nd connector. Will update you if it works or not.

Old 01-01-2021, 10:51 PM

I was going to try to attach a connector to the cluster as its holes are there maybe its circuitry is also present who knows but it worth the gamble as on my stock cluster I do not have a tachometer. I do not have any issue with blinking lights since I have i stop. My only problem is the ac and I am 100% sure that it is the absence of the 2nd connector. Will update you if it works or not.
Hello everyone!
I came here looking for the same information.
I have the 2019 model with the digital tach and manual A/C, and I want to swap it out for the analog and HUD model. By any chance, what model do you have? You were lucky?
In my case, the original tachometer has 2 connectors, and in the analog model the same connectors come, but the HUD is connected in the second.

I think by adding the missing wires to the HUD connector, the A/C might work, but I don't have the new tach in my hands yet to test this theory.

Regards

Old 01-02-2021, 12:10 AM
Default No luck

Hi. Unfortunately I had no luck as the ac needs the 2nd connector to be attached to the IC in order to work for some strange reason. I ended up buying another IC with 2 connectors in order to work properly.

Old 01-02-2021, 12:50 AM

Hi. Unfortunately I had no luck as the ac needs the 2nd connector to be attached to the IC in order to work for some strange reason. I ended up buying another IC with 2 connectors in order to work properly.
Ohhh, I understand
Finally, which IC did you buy? Do you have it installed already?

Old 01-02-2021, 01:07 AM

Yes I installed it and cleared some dtc's with forscan and everything is workinf fine now. I am just waiting for the odometer adjuster to revert back to my original kms as i ordered it from aliexpress and I am still waiting for it. I installed the version with analogue speedo and digital tacho