Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

2005 Mazda 2 Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 07:07 AM
Default Din dash for 2004 Mazda 2

Hi, I see this is a really old thread but I am also looking for a din (single or double) for my Mazda 2. They are probably long out of production now as they were hard to come by a few years ago when this thread was younger.
So, maybe there's a second hand one out there in a car thats been retired? Or if you know of anyone thats still got them available new.
I've picked up an old Mazda 2 today, that I'll be using for parts so I will remove the AC/radio facia from the parts car and do some exploring.

Is all that circuit board stuff (behind the front panel) just the radio workings or does it control the AC unit as well?

If I can't retro-fit an aftermarket stereo unit, has anyone had any success in cleaning the radio display window? Every Mazda 2 I have looked at, the window is so yellowed that the digital display is practically unreadable.

Old 11-29-2023, 10:41 PM
Default Mazda 2 stereo

Hi
where can I get double din for mazda 2 demio

Old 11-29-2023, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by bredzy
So I've done it! lol. This is what it looks like guys. Attachment 1212
hi
Where can I get this

Old 11-30-2023, 05:14 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by Phil McCoffee
Hi, I see this is a really old thread but I am also looking for a din (single or double) for my Mazda 2. They are probably long out of production now as they were hard to come by a few years ago when this thread was younger.
So, maybe there's a second hand one out there in a car thats been retired? Or if you know of anyone thats still got them available new.
I've picked up an old Mazda 2 today, that I'll be using for parts so I will remove the AC/radio facia from the parts car and do some exploring.

Is all that circuit board stuff (behind the front panel) just the radio workings or does it control the AC unit as well?

If I can't retro-fit an aftermarket stereo unit, has anyone had any success in cleaning the radio display window? Every Mazda 2 I have looked at, the window is so yellowed that the digital display is practically unreadable.
I gave up trying to put in an aftermarket stereo head unit. There are so many other bad design issues that I sold the car and got a 2002 Toyota Corolla. A far better car in every aspect.

Old 11-30-2023, 02:00 PM
Default Mazzda

Yes true
but will try to cut out the panel neatly and try
let's see what happens.
It's a very fuel efficient and maintenance free car
I fuel up full tank and can use almost 1000km.
Its Great but just if that board at the back could be solved , a new latest stereo could be installed.
will try and post here.
Thank you