Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Tribute Windows

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:18 PM
Default Tribute Windows

Got a new Tribute last week and the windows rattle when not fully closed.
Mazda say thats the way they are and offer no fix.
Anyone else with this problem or a solution to overcome the annoying rattle when driving and wanting a bit of Fresh air in the cabin..

Old 05-11-2006, 07:04 PM
Default RE: Tribute Windows

Tribby Rattler. I like that!!.
Is this only one of the windows that rattles or all? We have a very bad problem with the window regulator to window mounting bolts being loose here in the US. Can't say that have ever heard complaint of rattle but usually is of a clunck noise as window reaches the top of travel. Would not be surprised if a loose bolt there would create a rattle noise if loose enough and no pressure on it from window being open a bit.
Can you make the rattle go away by applying some downward or upward pressure on the window?

Old 05-12-2006, 10:25 AM

Thanks Baby Huey
No the rattle is not from the window. All windows are affected when partially down the glass seems to narrow for the window rubber channel and rattles away merrilly as you drive along, I strongly suggest everyone try their windows in that position and report back to me.
To update you after threatening Mazda with the oz equivalent of your Lemon Law (Our consumer Fair Trading Legislation) they have now come forfard and said that they are looking at a possible solution but no time frame, I will be keeping the heat on them via our Australian motoring organisation which has a good record of getting results.
Thanks again

Old 05-26-2006, 04:48 AM

I agree that most windows are somewhat affected when rolled down partially, but only to a certain extent.

However, I do not ever remember driving a car with a window that rattled...This could be that the glass is not staying on track properly, when rolled partially down..

Also, is the rattling sound like the window is tapping against metal?

Old 05-26-2006, 10:07 AM

Thanks Joosed
Tthe glass thickness seems to be to small for the channel it glides in and even though that is rubber it is firm, there is a lesser metallic rattle but it is mainly the glass.
Update Mazda have packed the underside of the rubbers with some automotive foam sheeting which has reduced the rattle a little but it is still very irratating. I have decided that because of this and some other dissapointing aspects of the vehicle i will unload it and bit the bullitt.
Anyone want to buy a cheap Tribby with stereo rattling windoes.

Old 05-26-2006, 12:16 PM

Wow! Selling the Tribby due to a window rattle! Man...that rattle must really be annoying, huh?