Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Programming Remote keyless entry FOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 05:42 PM
Default Programming Remote keyless entry FOB

Hi, new to this forum. My Dad just got a 2008 Mazda Tribute, and got a 3rd FOB key with the Remote Keyless Entry option. I've programmed it to turn on the ignition ( that part was in the user manuel), but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to program the Remote Keyless Entry. Here's what I've tried:

I've gotten in the car with 3 keys; 2 keys that came with the truck and are already fully programmed, and the 3rd new key, which can start the truck, but cannot unlock/lock the doors remotly.

1.- I press the drivers side switch, cycle the power door locks LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK, UNLOCK.
2.- I cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN eight times within 10 seconds, ending in the run position.
The power door locks cycle to indicate program mode.

Here's the problem:

I press any button on the new key/remote, and instead of the power locks cycling, the horn beeps. No matter which button I tried on what ever key, the horn beeps.

I've searched on the internet and haven't found a solution (other than going to the dealer and paying to program it *shudder*)

Does anyone have any advice, and knowledge on what I can do?

Thanks for any help,

Pete.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:45 PM
Default same thing

I have the same problem when I tried to program my fob

Old 02-09-2012, 01:04 PM

I have an 06 Mazda 6i, bought it used, and my keyless entry fob/remote has NEVER worked. (switchblade type) I only was given the one key with the car, and from what I am reading, it cannot be reprogrammed without one working key, am I correct?
I have tried the reprogramming steps (on numerous occasions, and live in condos where my neighbors now think I am crazy) and of course, nothing happens.
New battery and all that....should I see a dealer about this, or buy a new keyless entry?
(which I probably won't be able to reprogram either!)