Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Mazda Tribute 2006 Door Ajar wiring help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2021, 01:01 PM
Question Mazda Tribute 2006 Door Ajar wiring help

My door ajar alarm is intermittently going off, resulting in the obvious massive annoyance and draining my battery. Interior lights have been turned off or the bulbs pulled to prevent battery drain. Door identified as Left Rear door. (Oddly, the driver's side door lock now must be unlocked manually, possibly related as I've seen a few other posts with the same issue?)
Door ajar sensor is bad. Cost to replace door ajar sensor is ridiculous, and according to mechanic, hard to track one down.
Before I go cutting wires and twisting them together to stop the insanity of the beep beep beep, I want to make certain I'm cutting the correct wires. I'm also considering simply using a wire jumper across the 2 wires, so that if I want to be able to lock and unlock that door remotely, I could just undo the alligator clip temporarily.
I have the wiring diagram. I have pictures of the wiring. I want to confirm an alligator clip wire jumper as the likely best option, or simply cutting the wires and twisting them together as the alternate. (I'm going to hunt junk yards later to possibly replace it myself because $600+? No thank you.)

So--Is there a better option to what I'm proposing (aside from replacing, obviously).
If not, I want to confirm the second wire I need to connect the pink and blue one to is the black and white wire? I had one class in electronics 30+ years ago and am not confident which wire I need to close the circuit as I don't seem to have a black only wires, I'm therefore assuming it's the black and white, but I'm not confident in that assumption.

Much thanks!

Old 08-17-2022, 06:24 AM

Been a while since you posted but thought id say something anyway
To me it looks like you just attach the pink and light blue to earth back to any piece of metal in the car should make the circuit complete
the other wires look like they are for a lock mechanism all joined with the other doors so stay away from them
there is a switch in the diagram to the ajar bit see the other dot just below what happens is when the door opens the circuit opens which them makes the resister I'm guessing on the end of the circuit allow power through to the door light when the circuit is closed power passes through the circuit and there is not e ough power on the door light circuit to pass through a resister this is just my guessing.
if you still have this issue hope this helps and for anyone else hope it works
nice one on the wiring diagram helps me understand my problem a little better
if anyone knows how to get rid of the warning beeps when key in ignition and door open would be grand if you could message

cheers