Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

iPod integration and Nav for 05 Tribute.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Default iPod integration and Nav for 05 Tribute.

Greetings to Tribute nation!

I have an 05 Tribute and would like to know if anyone can give a little guidance as to how I might connect my iPod directly into the radio (without using a cassette cable or FM transmitter)

I suspect that there might be some inputs back there... I have searched the net looking for some info and came up empty ( I did find this site!)

Also, I would like to install an in-dash Nav system, has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance!!

Old 03-28-2006, 03:39 AM
Default RE: iPod integration and Nav for 05 Tribute.

As for the inputs on the back no there is not. You will have to put a new unit in. If you get a nav system. You will possible need to get a new head unit if you want the one that talks to you. hope this will help.

Old 05-15-2006, 09:05 AM

alpine and pioneer both make head units that are compatible with their own proprietary "adapters" for ipods. basically a cable just runs from the head unit to your glovebox and you put your ipod in there and cotrol it from the head unit. i wouldn't recommend the alpine, i have it. the sound is great but scrolling through artists/playlists is 1 second per item.

my roommate has the pioneer model and it is much quicker. as far as inputs in the back, my 06 headunit did not have any.

Old 07-25-2006, 10:36 AM

Tribute factory radio is completely compatible with Denison's Ice Link. However, you'll need to have the radio with the 6-cd in-dash changer.) Ice Link was about $220.http://www.densionusa.com/
You'll have to remove the dash and the radio, I think it took us about 1/2 hour to install and set up. The IceLink is nice because it gives you a number of options for controling the iPod - either through the Tribby's radio or through the iPod. Hope this helps and good luck.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:42 AM

I clicked on the link and here is what I found, is there any other manufacturer out there that has a similar product like the ice link.????
[align=center]
Dension Audio Systems, Ltd. and Dension USA, Inc. have terminated
their relationship, whereby Dension USA distributed Dension Audio
Systems products in North America. Effective immediately,
Dension USA is no longer selling, servicing or supporting
Dension Audio Systems products.
For support regarding products purchased from Dension USA. Inc., please
contact the product's respective manufacturer.
[/align]

Old 09-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Mazda makes an Ipod adaptor here is a to my inquiry on the matter. But I did not buy one due to price and I did not hear any good things about them. However I did get a FM modulator that just plugs in to cigar lighter, it is acutally smaller then my wifes nano, you are going to have to have a cord and this is the easyestway I found to do it. I bought mine at SAMS club for about 80 bucks it also came with a wall charger and line spliter.
https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_37350/m..._/tm.htm#37350

Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

I found this on E-bay, that hooks directly into the back of the mazda stock unit.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:IT&ih=008