Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Car shaking and then turning off

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 11:38 AM
Default Car shaking and then turning off

Hi everyone I have a 2001 mazda tribute. We just bought the car not to long ago from someone and the car is already messing up. Last week it was working fine but now when ever I turn it on it shakes and then when I put it in drive it will move but then die and the breaks will not work at all at that point. We let it run for a bit then it completely turned off as well. We opened the hood and the engine was shaking making a very loud noise. Anyone have this problem? Or know what it could be?

Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffsalazar
Hi everyone I have a 2001 mazda tribute. We just bought the car not to long ago from someone and the car is already messing up. Last week it was working fine but now when ever I turn it on it shakes and then when I put it in drive it will move but then die and the breaks will not work at all at that point. We let it run for a bit then it completely turned off as well. We opened the hood and the engine was shaking making a very loud noise. Anyone have this problem? Or know what it could be?
Probably a misfire but best would be to get it scanned for error codes and go from there.

assuming you have a good gas level of course.