Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

Adding factory cruise control

Old 11-12-2018, 12:18 AM
Default Adding factory cruise control

hey guys,

super stoked on in my new 2006 tribute. ive always been a Honda guy and have steered clear of American made vehicles so I'm hoping the tribute changes my mind since it's all Ford components. The only think I'm not excited about is the lack of cruise control. My car is a manual 5 speed with the 2.3l.

I have Ave watched videos on adding cruise control to both the Mazda 3 and multiple Ford vehicles.

on the Mazda 3 the wiring already exists you just have to get the cc buttons, acceleration pedal sensor, the correct brake pedal safety switch and the clock spring with the extra wiring. From there it's plug and play.

The ford vehicles i watched were the same with the exception of the ecu issue. Apparently Ford loads the ecu with all the same programming but they have the option to turn certain features off. Apparently Ford can go into the ecu and enable cruise control. Once you do that and the physical wiring additions, you're good to go. So by theory it should be possible.

I assume id have to take the ecu to Ford not mazda. The grey area lies in that since this is a collaboration between Ford and Mazda they may have not done the same as they would have with their normal Ford vehicles.

Any insight from anyone into this? I've read the one other thread I've found on this. It wasn't very helpful. If there are any Mazda or Ford techs on here please help!

Im picking the car up next week and I'm going rock check the existing plugs to make sure the extra wiring is already there. By the way the 2006 is drive by wire so theoretically it should be easier since I won't need and extra module to pull the cables.

Thanks guys!