Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

2010 Tribute i with 4 cyl engine with a few issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 12:45 AM
Default 2010 Tribute i with 4 cyl engine with a few issues

Just bought this 2010 Tribute about 6 weeks ago. Was in dire need of a vehicle and the dealer sensed this. I've found some issues that are concerning. I know this is the 4 cyl version with 2wd.

Issue #1 Cold engine, if I get caught at a light or stop while at idle major vibration happening. Sounds like one of the motor mounts or trans mounts is bad. Dealer supposedly replaced 3 of them. On opening hood, I can see one is brand new. The mount under the firewall and the other one under the air cleaner don't look like they've been touched. I don't have a Childen's book on this vehicle anyone has a diagram of where all 4 mounts are and what they look like?

Issue #2 There's a "thumping" sound coming from the right rear brake. The emergency/parking brake sometimes sets its self after you park. When you go to drive it again you get an alarm that's set.

Issue #3 You must turn the key 2-3 times before it starts. Time for a new switch or I seen one video on the Tribute/Escape where you can modify the existing switch housing giving it more play to turn.

Issue #4 (And my wife priority) The aircon doesn't work. I could get a recharge kit, but I don't waste $50 on that when it could be the compressor. How can I get it tested to make sure it just needs recharging?

I HATE shopping for cars. We were desperate for a vehicle due to health reasons and need to go to doctor's appointments. We didn't tell the dealer this but he got the sense we were desperate. I will say, even with these issues I am rather happy with this truck. It's got plenty of get up and go when needed! Heck to avoid that vibration tonight on the way home from work, while stopped at a red light. Dropped the trans into neutral and when the light turned green, I put it back into drive. Didn't even touch the gas pedal and I still squealed the wheels!