Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

'05 Tribute - location of +12V parking light wire

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Default '05 Tribute - location of +12V parking light wire

2005 Mazda Tribute 4Si. Alarm: Crime Guard 533i4:

I have been told by Crutchfield techs that the parking light +12V wire is listed in the 2004 wiring diagram as a solid "brown" wire. I found a few brown striped wires, though not a solid brown wire anywhere.

I am installing this alarm, and need to find this wire and have looked everywhere.Drivers kick panel area especially was searched and no brown wire located.

Can anyone please list where in the vehicle this wire would be located. Also have seen where this same parking light wire has been listed as green and black for other 2005 Mazda Models.

The tech department at Crutchfield only has the diagram for the 2004 Mazda Tribute, and also indicated it was also a brown wire, but they do not know where it is located in the vehicle.

I have a digital voltmeter, but there are too many wire looms in this car to cut them all apart to find a brown one.

Would it be possible to tap this wire at the tail light, where it is receiving +12V when the parking light is switched on? I am not sure if that would make all 4 lights (parking and tail) flash as the same time, as intended......

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

George

Old 09-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Default RE: '05 Tribute - location of +12V parking light wire

Hi georgyo07,

Did you find an answer to the problem yet??
I take it that your alarm has a 12volt pulse wire that is designed to be spliced into the parking light wire to flash the lights when you arm/disarm the system. Part of the problem you will have with Crutchfield using 04 diagram is that 05 and later is a completely different system than the 04 and earlier. 04 had a parking light relay that you could tap into the Brown wire to the parking lights and achieve what you are after. 05 does not have a relay for the parking lights. It has what is called a Smart Junction Box that controls all of the Body related systems.
05 parking light system works like this. The SJB is sending a constant 12 volt signal voltage to the White w/ Black stripe wire at the headlight switch. When you turn the headlight switch to turn on the parking lights this signal wire is grounded. When SJB sees this wire grounded it then outputs 12 volts to the parking lights. The front parking lights are on a separate circuit from the rear parking lights and license lights. You could tap into the brown wire back at the tail lights but only the rear parking and license lights would flash. Better than nothing I guess. In order to get all the parking lights to flash you would need to split your wire from the security module and splice into both front and rear parking light circuits at the SJB which is located in just below the heater controls and in front of shifter inside the center console. Is there any chance that the security system has the capability of pulsing a ground path instead of a 12 volt in order to flash the lights? Then you could simply splice into the White w/ Black stripe wire at the headlight switch connector.