Mazda Tribute This low-priced SUV allows the driver the versatility of an SUV without the big fuel bill of many of the vehicles in the SUV class.

03 V6 issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Question 03 V6 issues

My car started “bouncing” and a flashing CEL I got it scanned and said misfire in the 2nd cylinder so we took the top end of the motor off and replaced all 6 spark plugs and coil packs. Figured change them all while we are in there. Got everything changed and put back together. The car drove fine but was still bouncing while idoling, we scanned it again and it had one code p0202. We drove the car like a mile shut it off and turned it back on the bouncing stoped we scanned it again and no codes popped back up. I got the fuel filter changed thinking a piece of trash got stuck in the injector keeping it open and that it passed on its own. I drove the car for 3 days no issues running great. The car sat for one day on a Sunday. Drove the car to work on my way there the CEL came back on and it started bouncing and idoling rough again. Put the scanner on it now it has 2 codes the p0202 code again and p0171. Any ideas what it could be? How to fix it? I live in an area that just got hit by Hurricane Florence so I was out off work for 3 weeks and money is kind of tight so I was trying to avoid having to take it somewhere to get like a full Oem diagnostic test done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA