Mazda RX-8 This new generation of the famed rotary car offers extra room, with the peformance and feel of performance car.

RX8 shakes when in neuitral.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Default RX8 shakes when in neuitral.

About 2 months ago. I bought my RX-8 manual transmission 2004 with 45000 miles on it. As of now, there are only 2 problems that i worry about. 1) Whenever the car in the normal tempreture, it shakes. However, the RPM needle stays still. I took it to the dealership. They told me that's normal thing for rotary engines to shake. But I don't thing so.
2) And the second, car's MPG is 11-12 under normal driving conditions. When I'm having fun with RX8, it decreses to 9-10 MPG. Dealership said that hey can't do anything about the MPG.
So, I'm tired of fighting with dealerships( i went to 2 ones.) And finally i decided to write it here, hoping in a good advise of the professionals. Thank you.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Default RE: RX8 shakes when in neuitral.

I had the same problem .
In99% you have to change the engine mounth.
Snara.

Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 AM

i have come onto this website looking for the same thing. i've been told by my mechanic that the engine mounting [the two bits holding the engine up from the chassis] are worn and need to be replaced. that's why the normal vibration of the engine is transferred into the car. although in my case the car vibrates a lot when i'm in drive or reverse, but little when in neutral. i'm wondering if the mounting can be repaired rather than replaced. my mechanic tells me not, but i'm skeptical

Old 05-16-2007, 10:37 PM
gvo

I had the same problem as well and pretty much requested a new motor mount which eased the shaking. Mine actually shook until it stalled though.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM

Hi guys, i'm newbie here, first of all wish all of you guys Happy New Year, my 8s also have this problem too, my is an automatic transmission model and already done 67.000km++, it's true when i change the engine mount the problem solve but the problem is i've already travel about 20.000km the problem comes back, so i send it back to the dealer they said this is normal the engine mount can only last about 20 to 30.000km, is that true? And the problem now is when the vibrating comes it will have a very weird ratling noise from the under carriage and the mechanic tells me the noise is comes from the gearbox! Thats a big shock for me man, can any one experience this before? Can any one can tells me what is actually going on? Thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM

when i had that problem it was due to low compression and i had to have a re-manufactured engine put in. i would go back and take your car in say that in neutral with the break up your foot off the clutch your car shakes bad and sounds like it's about to die and then kicks back in. By saying that they will look further into the engine and if it's the same problem i had you need a new engine. mine took a week. it's common in the rx8's and under warranty.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:46 AM

Oh! no wounder the sound of cranking looks a little bit weire and get flood quite offen and it's lact of power also, oh no my god i brought it 2nd hand... anyway thanks a lot dude.

Old 12-29-2007, 09:14 PM

<====chick! im a chick.

lol no problem. I bought mine used from a mitsubishi dealership the previous owner swore up and down that he took care of my car. I beg to differ. I did not destroy my own car.
I now have a new transmission going in. i've been without my car for 3 weeks.

Old 12-30-2007, 01:41 AM

Oh mine sorry[:-]; but i brought it from direct seller notcar dealer, what a good luck you have, anyway i think i will rebuilt it cause it might apex seal giving problem, by the way mines like yours blue but with original sports wheel, did the front nose protector already have or you buy it yourself ?

Old 12-30-2007, 04:22 PM

I bought it to cover up some damage done to my car. I curb checked it and a friend of mine destroyed my hood. It doesnt' matter if you got it from a direct seller all mazda's have a factory warranty til 50,000 miles or 2009 so call a mazda dealer give them your VIN and ask them if you have a warranty

Quick Reply: RX8 shakes when in neuitral.