Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.

The Official Mazda RX7 GTUs Owners Club Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 02:55 PM

Found another real GTUs!

Old 06-20-2020, 02:45 PM

It appears we may have found the first and the last 89 GTUs production models! Awaiting pictures for confirmation!

I want to emphasize the reality that IceMark (Rx7club creator and admin) made the claim of production numbers and of the restamped 20 years ago on this thread and proved his claim by citing himself. Over the past 20 years people have cited him and that is how all this nonsense came to be and why this thread is important and necessary to stop all the rumors everyone has been making up. No one can prove anything because Mazda never gave proof outside the model was made!

The only way to prove you have one of these rare models is to provide a picture of the door ID tag the firewall Vin number and a picture of the car! it’s The only way to prove you have one of these rare models is to provide a picture of the door ID tag the firewall Vin number and a picture of the car. it’s easy! 😁

Last edited by Mazda Admin; 06-20-2020 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:48 PM

Another confirmed GTUs!

Old 06-25-2020, 06:53 PM

Another confirmed GTUs!

Old 06-28-2020, 02:03 AM

Another confirmed GTUs model!!! This one has some pretty cool documentation with it! So if you have the window sticker that will suffice as well. However the door ID tags, vin number and shot of the car is what it takes to be confirmed as a legitimate GTUs model!

It has been made clear now that there was NEVER any confirmed production numbers for the GTUs and all claims are made up and false. Only what has been found is what exists.

It has been shown that all claimed GTUs restamped models are not legitimate, there is no way to prove they were a GTUs. Bottom line Mazda calls the GS several models from base, GTU, GTUs and all custom orders (according to Beaverton Mazda). This GTU restamped 90 is more proving everyone is just making it all up because Mazda never confirmed anything!
https://www.rx7club.com/2nd-gen-gene...again-1142547/

“Maybe I can shed some light on this "GS" argument as I have a scan of my window sticker I dug off an old hard drive for you guys. Under model it says " RX-7 GS 2P"

Here's the fire wall:

and door sticker though I don't feel I need it since I have the window sticker:

Here's the car. Currently not much to look at as it's still in pieces from my Rx-8 diff swap and it needs a paint job.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:16 AM

Another confirmed GTUs model found! However it appears this is already on the list and is just changing hands and is no longer in the condition it previously was posted as, but is being restored! As these cars become classic collectors prizes it is a must to find, save and restore as many as possible! Too many cars from the 60s were lost because their disregarding their worth as time passed. These are not and never were the most desirable models when the turbo models were available and then the FD3S was released... However the rarity of them is what will make them the most desirable model over time! Find them before it’s too late, register them and set history!

It is looking like these are the rarest rx7s to exist! Help us to welcome new members to the GTUs owners group!

I really want to emphasize a fact that has discredited Wikipedia and many other credible magazines:

it is official that there are no restamped GTUs models to exist.

There are no restamped GTUs models, there are restamped GTU models and that is where the confusion was had:
https://www.rx7club.com/2nd-gen-gene...rN0_No6nmcWwf0

The rx7club has modified the 89/90 GTUs owners club thread, there are only 40ish claims on the only registry list and they have modified their list to have a confirmed section for those who provide the proof required here on this thread as they all agree it is the only way to verify the car is a rare GTUs model!

Only 7 confirmed GTUs models found so far!

Last edited by Mazda Admin; 08-24-2020 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:22 PM

Another legitimate GTUs model confirmed!!! This makes 8 verified GTUs model to be produced!

After months of searching on all social media platforms and forums the entire rotary community has only been able to find 8 real GTUs models. After 31 years there have only been these found to have been produced by Mazda making them the rarest production model ever produced for the Rx7! Exciting!

Old 09-05-2020, 10:47 PM

Another GTUs model confirmed! This makes 9 legitimate GTUs models ever produced!

31 years these models have been on the road... Only 9 confirmed models and about 30 unconfirmed claims needing verified. These are the rarest model rx7 ever made!

Last edited by Mazda Admin; 09-05-2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:17 AM

I have found and confirmed the world's first restamped GTUs model and the tenth legitimate and confirmed GTUs model! It seemed logical that since I had found all models but the gtus and they were on the delayed shipment with the rest there had to be a couple out there, finally found a real one! Welcome to the list!

If you know anyone who has one of these rare models be sure to have them register their car and feel free to share any pictures or memorabilia you might have about this rare model!

Old 10-26-2020, 06:07 PM

I wanted to share this magazine I just picked up that has some great information about the GTUs! It is the 1989 track and driver issue featuring a full performance review of the GTUs!

I also thought the ad in it was fun.

Quick Reply: The Official Mazda RX7 GTUs Owners Club Thread