Mazda RX-7 Starting in the 1970s, the uniquely powered RX-7 helped put Mazda on the performance car map.

HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 02:34 AM
Default HELP!!!

Hey this post is for babyhuey but anyone that knows feel free to post...

I have a 85 RX7 GSL 12a rotory that has major problems right now. It has a really rough idol and when it is in gear (automatic) with out giving it any gas it will die. I gave it a tune up and changed everything but the oil. At first it felt like plugs misfiring but changed them and still is running very bad. I also think I have a motor mount loose adding to the shakyness or iness I dont know. We think it is part due to a vacume line anyone know where to start looking into that area only about 7000 miles of vacume line in there. It is also not going into 4th gear I can get it up to about 90 with 6000 rpms but no further it cuts out before shifting. if anyone can help please post. Thanks in advance,

Will

Old 02-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!

Take a look to the rear area of the intake manifold near the firewall. There is a large diameter hose back there (1/2" diameter or so ) that is very common to rupture and create quite a vacuum leak. Also take the air cleaner top off and put your finger over the holes that you will see in the bottom of the cleaner housing. There is a good sized one that will have vacuum to it if the shutter valve diaphram has ruptured and will also create a large vacuum leak.