Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

temp gauge catastrophy!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Default temp gauge catastrophy!!!!

ive got a 2000, and i recently put new gauge faces on my cluster. in the process i broke off the temp needle, after thati decided i really wanted a custom gauge and dual pillar pod. so irigged the needle for looks andbought gauges and pod, and i tried to replace temp sensor with new, but it doesnt fit. the housing is way to long and if the screw could even get to the block, it would be too big. advanced auto jerks told me it was easy, and they even knew what car i was doin this on. if the morons at adavanced auto knew what they were doin, i wouldnt be here. of course if i knew what i was doin, this whole thing wouldnt be such a freakin mess. trust me when i say i can pull the motorout ofmy 84 corolla, and do a 4a-ge to a 4a-gte swap, cause my cuz and i did in one night, but thats old school stuff. this new stuff with no distributor, and one sensor that does the work of two, is like brain freeze for eternity. i could return it, but then i dont want to, i want the pod, its a nice touch.
i thought of buying a new outlet radiator hose for my block and cuttin it and tryin to find a piece of pipe that i can splice into the middle of thehose and then makin the screw hole for the sensor. i can do all this, but im not sure it would work, or if its even possible. if you have any other suggestions, now would be the time before i go mad.