Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Suggestions on Turbo or supercharging my PR5

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Default Suggestions on Turbo or supercharging my PR5

Hey everyone,

I am toying with the idea of throwing a turbo kit or a supercharger on my 02 Protege 5.

My budget is tight but I want a fast street car....somewhere around the 200+WPH area, on stock internals. Now, I already know that the Mazdaspeed Protege is using a Garrett T3 on a moderate 6psi, and is in the 170WHP area, so I know it can be done, respectfully. The thing is, to buy the mazdaspeed turbo kit and install it in my car would be really expensive, and really not worth it (I think). So I thought I'd ask you guys what you think would be a decent setup.

The current performance updgrades I have done is: Greddy catback exhaust, ceramic coated OBX header, AEM cold air intake, unorthodox racing underdrive pulley, optima battery, Nology profire ignition wires as well as Denso iridium IX spark plugs.The transmission is a stock limited slip differential. It also has a SPEC aluminum lightened flywheel, an ACT six puck racing clutch disk and a spec performance pressure plate.

If you guys have any links for a decent kit, please post it up. Anyone know of some good deals? And to add, when it comes to engine management for the P5, would the Apexi NEO do the trick?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Old 09-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Default RE: Suggestions on Turbo or supercharging my PR5

there's a guy thats selling his turbo here.. go back to title