Loud buzz and vibration. - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Old 06-10-2018, 03:45 PM

Default Loud buzz and vibration.

Accidentally posted in wrong forum. Mazda5

Hi All, I'm hoping that someone with experience can give me an idea of which direction to look. I have a 2003 Protege 5 manual transmission. I have a loud buzz/hum(the best I can describe) with vibration coming from the drivers side. This occurs between the speeds of about 38 and 65 mph. At higher speeds this minimizes quite a bit. Funny thing is when I go into a left curve it goes away. If I swerve left and right it goes away in the left swerve. It seems to be getting worse than it use to be. I'm hoping it's not in the trans but maybe in the half shaft, hub or brake. I had it up on stands but couldn't really isolate it. thanks for any info. Paul