Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Help with heat issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Default Help with heat issue

Yesterday I replaced my factory stereo with a new one and while doing that I had to remove the centre console that contains the heater controls. In order to take that off I had to disconnect part of the heater control that was underneath the glove box.

Currently it's only blowing cold air.

The videos I was watching on YouTube suggested that you just remove the circular part of the metal arm, but I couldn't do that, so instead I unscrewed the white cog like thing from the middle of the plastic thing the arm is connected to.

I should have taken a photo of what everything looks like before I unscrewed anything but I did not. My question is based on the photo that I'm posting does the black arm that is in the back on the left hand side of the photo need to be attached to anything? It's kind of just hanging there and I don't feel like that's right. (In the pic I have yet to screw back on the white cog like thing in the center)

I have a 2002 Mazda Protege by the way any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I've searched all over Google and YouTube and can't find any video or photos with the same thing (blend door accuator?) as mine.

Link to photo
https://imgur.com/a/tv2DjsK

Last edited by Nevyn Noir; 11-04-2019 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 04:26 PM

looks to me that the rusty looking clip should go somewhere - maybe into the slot above it in the photo - kust to the left of the arrowhead - also looks like you should rotate the white waffled thing the wire is attached to in the bottom half of the picture - does it rotate around the point below the arrowhead? If it doesnt then im probably wrong - havent ever looked back here - and I have a '98.