Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

e g r boost sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:10 AM
Default e g r boost sensor

i have a 1996 mazda protege i can get it inspect i have 2 codes coming up plus my OBD MONITOR is saying not ready the codes are P0715 & P1195 egr boost sensor and turbine speed sensor i see the boost sensor is on top is a egr sensor a fancy name for a map sensor and if so can i get one at autozone and can this be the reason my obd monitor say not ready when i got it inspect i have no check engine light on i put like 350 miles on it to see if it come and it hasnt the speed sensor i saw at auto zone for 82$ but the mazda dealer was tryin to charge crazy money but my point is that i dont want to fix the 2 codes if for some reason my monitor wont reset if any one know why a obd wont reset let me know thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Default RE: e g r boost sensor

i need to know were i can get an E G R booster sensor online thanks

Old 10-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Default RE: e g r boost sensor

Ok, lets break up your issues to get down to what is happening. Go to the link below and read the responses from BabyHuey. I did this and it helped me out alot. It is a pain in the *** job to clean the EGR out. But you will have to anyway. If you are getting a check engine light, it will not reset itself. You have to reset it with a code checker or pull the positive battery cable. The P1195 code is a EGR boost sensor code.

https://www.mazdaforum.com/m_36162/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm

If the code comes back, go to a junkyard and get both the boost sensor and the solenoid. That is the other thing that is on that rail against the firewall. I got them for $5 at the junkyard.

The P0715 code is an automatic transmission Input/turbine speed sensor circuit malfunction. Either the sensor is not working, or is disconnected, or the harness is damaged, or the powertrain control module is malfunctioning.

The turbine speed sensor is under the battery on top of the transmission. Check that it has good connections. You can test it with a multimeter. The resistance should be 200-400 ohms. If it is not in this range, replace it. If it is, check for continuity in the wires between the sensor and the powertrain control module. If the continuity is good, then itmight be the powertrain control module.