Mazda Protege This compact model offers an economical solution for the need for a sporty sedan or wagon.

Boost Sensor and check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Default Boost Sensor and check engine light

Hey, This forum has helped me alot recently. My car did not pass emissions of course because of the EGR Boost sensor. I have replaced the sensor and the actual check engine light does NOt come on. I have owned the car for 4 years and it has never came on. i moved to AZ where they have emissions and came from MO where they don't. I went to a mechanic today and he said it possibley could b the cluster, its damaged. So where do i find a cluster and i know what it is, ive taken my whole dash outta my car and checked bulbs, fuses, all that good stuff. and i had a thought it may be the cluster... well im needing to know where to i get one and how much would it cost. Is it something i could put in? the guy said it would b $120 to do it... could i do it? I'm a fast learner and quite interested... Although, if it would b easier to have a mechanic actually do it.. im ok with it. If anyone can help please let me know. Thank you! If there is any other additional comments bout the P1195 code, please let me know... thats what code i got during emissions. Ive read that its really common in my model and year car.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Default RE: Boost Sensor and check engine light

o wow.. im a dummy.. i have a 96 protege.. lol.. just realized i left that part out..

Old 11-19-2008, 09:20 PM

the cluster is pretty easy to change. all that you have to do is pull the bezel from around the cluster and a few more screws and the cluster basically just pulls right out. the harness pulls out from the back and the new one plugs in. as far as finding one, all that i can say is to check the bone yards to try to find one.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:25 PM

Ok, awesome... now a bezel.. whats that... not up on the lingo yet... I had the mechanic tell me, that he had worked on a chevy truck before and the owner had replaced the cluster and the truck wouldnt run because it was a used cluster, it was replaced with a brand new one, and then it worked. Would that be an issue with my model of car, would it matter if it was new or used?