Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

pull out the bottom end???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Default pull out the bottom end???

i'm in a pretty deep hole with my truck right now, i was explaining to a friend how far along i'am with this thing, told him my block is stripped of every accessory, just a short block kickin it. he told/advised me to pull the pistons,check the rings, and cylinder walls, and what not, i dont quite remember everything he said, but sure sounds like a lot more work for me, since this is/was my daily driver and i cant do anything. my truck has 190K and getting a full top end rebuild, so far, i dont think the bottom end is in to bad a shape. it was running great until it detonated, not ceized, cracked head, and the worst cooling system ever, anyone have an opinion on this, i dont want to do it, but should it be done?

short block, pull the bottom, yay or nay???

heres what i get to look at week after week

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...n/SL730727.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...n/SL730728.jpg

Old 01-20-2008, 12:34 AM
Default RE: pull out the bottom end???

well i posted this last night, and since then having a day to think about it, i'm deciding on not going through with it. just for the sake that my truck has been broken down, being worked on, sitting, and waiting since middle of september and i can finally maybe see a deadline in a few weeks. this would add so much time to this build and frankly i believe the bottom end is bullet proof at this point, the cylinder walls look good, theres no ridges at the top, the truck never burned oil when it was running, and i think it will hold up just the way it is, its not like im puttin a turbo on it, i just need it to run, im tired of doing nothing, so i'll slap all my sweet *** new parts on and roast the tires. BTW, would it be smart to replace the cam if i get a brand new head? all the bearings looked great, i was surprised. any advice...

Old 01-20-2008, 05:25 AM
Default RE: pull out the bottom end???

www.mazdabscene.com