Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

I give up. I am getting rid of this truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Default I give up. I am getting rid of this truck!!

Well folks I have had this POS for a couple of years now and it has pushed me too far once too often. I have a 91 extended cab that I got the weber carb for. The guy who put it on couldn't get it right and neither can I . It does run great when it runs. Anyway I am posting this for two reasons, one to let off steam and second to ask a question. The question is does anyone know of a site to post it on that its for sale,preferably based in Tennessee? I was going to post here but the classified looks locked. I don't know what to do with it otherwise. I took it to a shop and they don't want to touch it since it is not original. What really gripes me is that its a almost perfect body, no dents other than on the bumper. And other than the carb its a great engine. I changed the valve cover gasket and the engine was spotless. I think the engine would last 100-150 k more. But I am sick of this thing. But I can't find anyone local who can fix it and I need a vehicle. So does anyone know of a site? It doesn't have to be Mazda based but just a good one to sale a car. The only one I can think of is craigslist. Any others?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by willy3486
The only one I can think of is craigslist. Any others?
Post at mazdatruckin.com

There's a rather large cluster of members in that area. I'm in Arizona or I'd be interested. Maybe they could provide hands-on help, as an alternative.

I've got a 1988 Cab Plus, my daily driver since 1994, and I installed the Weber about five years ago, like it. Someone can fix this, try that site.

I used gasket sealer on the adapters and manifolds for the Weber, and used blue Loctite and torqued everything as per instructions. If yours has electric fuel pump (automatic trans?), then you need a fuel pressure regulator to decrease fuel pressure to the Weber.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Thanks for the reply. I went out and purchased a car. I drive a lot so hopefully it will be better for going to work. I have been thinkking about it and I may keep it. I still have the orgininal carb for it. The original would work but it would smoke a lot and not get good gas mileage. I am thinking about checking out a few junkyards in my area. The engine was originally out of a car . I looked at it and it has the electric pump in the tank,I replaced the tank right after I got it due to a leak. I have since noticed that the hose from it goes into a mechanical gas pump on the engine then to the carb. The guy who originally put it on conveniently did not give me all the parts off the old carb. So I am thinking about going to see if a junkyard close to me may have a decent carb and the parts missing to get it original. I would be happy with the orginal carb since I now have a better gas mileage car to go to work. The truck could be a backup and used for hauliing. I hate to get rid of it I really like it with, with the exception if the carb issue. I have put in a lot of work and parts to get it in good shape. The engine when it is running is great. I replaced the valve cover gasket a while back and the valves were not gummed up at all, in fact it looked like it had been just rebuilt and run once. No gummed up oil. I may check there to see what I can find out, heck I might could even trade carbs. This one should still be good if someone could figure out how to set it up. I am tired of trying.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:23 AM

All I can say is what the???????????????? I ran across this today and thought I would update it. I had bought a newer car to go to work so this truck was put on hold since I had a vehicle. Anyway I found a guy my MIL knows and got him to look at it. He is laid off and suppose to be a good mechanic. So he came over. I got the thing charged and started. We looked at it and nothing was wrong except we had to turn the idle down. I had ran it higher just to keep it running. We let it run an hour and nothing was wrong with it. Since then I have drove it around the place,hauling stuff,taking off junk,etc. Its ran perfectly. The only thing I can think of the gasket material and the gaskets had to just sit up for a while. Other than that its ran perfect. So I am going to use it around here for a while. I have been using it to haul rock,brush and other stuff to fill in a gulley. I plan to cover it up but I need to fill it in some. So I am using the truck to take stuff there. So for now it runs.