Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

How to turbo b2200

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 11:20 AM
Default How to turbo b2200

How can I turbo my Webber carbed b2200 it’s a 93 with a 91 engine

Old 12-09-2020, 11:30 PM

Adding a turbo to a carbed motor is difficult to say the least. You might look for an fuel injected model.

Old 12-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by boostnot4everyone
How can I turbo my Webber carbed b2200 it’s a 93 with a 91 engine
Well by the looks of your engine compartment you have a little more to think about before adding more power to the engine?
I have not looked....... if there is not already a universal or exact Turbo kit for you Mazda then you can build a Turbocharged system pretty easily. However you need to get the recourses to help to do this.
You might also consider looking into a small Supercharger?
Either way it all academic until you most likely rebuild the engine to support the power increases by either boosted engine project.
I would start using the internet and calling companies that offer Universal or direct fit Turbo Charger "kits" or can offered all the separate parts to mostly complete a one off Turbocharger upgrade.

If you want something that perhaps more in line with your DIY abilities you could think about a rear Turbo installation. They will not boost anywhere near as much as a convectional located Turbo charger but more universally DIY installation friendly with the help of a muffler shop. n

Adding Performance parts to your MAZDA

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...r-mazda-44472/

Originally Posted by Wilson
Adding a turbo to a carbed motor is difficult to say the least. You might look for an fuel injected model.
*Should I turbo my B2200?
Why exactly not?? ...... *never mind
I am glad I didn't hear this stuff when F/I was not around but Carbureted Turbo engines were. Reminds me when I used a universal choke cable connect to the Turbo waste gate on my OEM CARBURETED TURBO CHARGED engine to...... well if you know Turbo's then you understand and I don't have to finish the sentence ....

Last edited by Callisto; 12-10-2020 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:09 AM

The basic parts you'll need to make it work is timing controller like an msd btm, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator like a malpassi one, and to boost reference to power valve in the carb. The carb will need something called a plenum. The best one is sold by redline. And to add an electric fuel pump.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iABEgKaMvD_BwE
That's the basics aside from an exhaust manifold turbo and a adapter to tap oil feed for turbo. I'm waiting for this one in the mailhttps://m.aliexpress.com/item/32849089346.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetailT hen a fuel pump shut off switch that goes on other side of the adapter. It's not a complete list but itl get you started on the right path. You'd need to monitor stuff like your stoich and oil pressure and temp.

Old 06-16-2021, 10:44 PM

[QUOTE=Wilson Rousseau;174469]How can I turbo my Webber carbed b2200 it’s a 93 with a 91 engine

[/QUOif u want it turbocharged get a mazda mx6 or for gt probe parts. The for gt probe and the mazda mx6 is the same engine as the mazda b22. I have a mazda b22 too and im sorry for all these toxic people. I have 560 whp rn on mine. U can turn it into fuel injected but i prefer carb cause NOS

Old 06-17-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Eeee
I have a mazda b22 too and im sorry for all these toxic people. I have 560 whp rn on mine. U can turn it into fuel injected but i prefer carb cause NOS
tell your DYNO operator to get his foot off the scale....! auh OK!
And what does any fuel induction system have to do with using Nitrous? Before you answer pleeeeez go read about what I claim I think I know.. hahaha
Guess I hade better take it off my F/I Supercharged and also my F/I Turbocharged engines....both 4 cylinders , hahahaha...

I guess I am more bugged that giving an honest response with someone with a vehicle in the condition posted you view a couple of responses as we are "toxic people"? Kolohe