Mazda BT 50 & Pickup Trucks While Mazda may not be known for their trucks, they have always produced quality reliable trucks for both hauling cargo, or simply crusing. BT 50

cluch bleeding nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:28 PM
Default cluch bleeding nightmare

Well, I have a 1996 B2300 I replaced the clutch and every thing was fine but a snap ring in the slave cylinder broke so I replaced the slave cylinder and put the trany back on but I have no peddle. I have been bleeding and bleeding it but I is not working, it will not go into gear, I can start it in first but I can't shift and there is a lot of drag, any suggestions

Old 05-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Open the bleeder and let gravity do the work for you. Just make sure the master cyl stays full.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 AM

anyone have anything else?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:46 AM

Vehicle is to be on level ground, or facing slightly downhill.
At the slave cylinder end, be sure your bleed tube is always submerged in fluid. When pumping to pressurize, leave the reservoir cap loose until you've gotten rid of the air. When pumping with no back pressure from the clutch springs, haul the pedal full out by hand so the piston in the master cylinder backs off far enough to uncover the port and lets the reservoir "see" the system. Make sure your reservoir level is maintained too.

The trick is in the sequence:
A.. Remove old fluid from reservoir and replace. B.. Attach bleeder hose to bleed plug, other end in jar containing fluid to keep end of bleed tube covered .
1. Pump the pedal slowly several times (pulling it fully back by hand if necessary on release).
2. Keep the pedal depressed (wedge it if you have to), and open the bleed plug.
3. Close the bleed.

Repeat this process, keeping the reservoir topped up, until no more bubbles emerge.
Secure the bleed screw and plug, top off reservoir level, replace reservoir cap securely.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

If I'm not mistaken, by this tme they (Mazda trucks) were using the same slave cylinder/TOB as the Ford Ranger was. I bled one of these and had the same problem. After an hour still no pedal. Once I opened the bleeder and let it drain naturally only then had I found success.
I'm pretty sure the procedure is as it is in repair manuals for theses also.