Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

WHATS UP?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Default WHATS UP?

I have a 1989 Mazda mx6 non turbo. I would just like to state that before this problem this car has always ran great. Even if I have been a little late with the tune ups. Anway last week we were on the freeway when it just cut out like I ran out of gas, but then it got its power back and everything was fine, (I thought). Then the next day it did it again but this time it died and wouldnt start for ten to fifteen minutes. I thought at first it was bad gas so we filled it up and put some injector cleaner in it. The next day it was getting worse wouldnt stay running long and it was taking longer to start back up every time. I thought it might be the fuel filter so i bought a new one and put it in. But no luck. By now this problem has got so bad the wont start at all. Everyone I talk to says "its your fuel pump." So today I bought one and put it in and still nothing. So I thought I would pull the number one spark plug to see if Im getting spark. Had someone turn it over while I looked at the plug (still connected to the wire) and no spark. This is !@#$$%$%^% me off to say the least. Has anyone else had this kind of problem. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:37 PM
Default RE: WHATS UP?

Was the spark plug grounded to the engine when you were looking for spark or just hanging out in the air? Plug does need a ground path for spark as well. Also did you try removing the coil wire from the cap and hold close to an engine ground and crank over to look for spark?