Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Strange idle! Help please!

Old 11-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Question Strange idle! Help please!

1993 Mazda MX-6 2.0L ( 4 Cylinder )

ok so let me start off when i got this car about 5-6 months back it would not even start and the front driver wheel bearing was busted i replaced the main fuse and it started....

So ever since then the car has had a bad idle then one day driving car shuts down and needs new distributor so i got one and got it in an got it starting again....

There is a noise in that sounds like keys hitting each other in front end when driving i guess you could call it a ping.... not the car does not idle right the engine shakes really bad unless its at about 2000RPMs than it smooths out...oh and then tonight i tested all the fuel injectors and they all work fine but engine kept shutting down when i would start it...

I know this is a long post and i do hope to get some help on this i need to know some things that might be best to replace to get this going good... i have cleand the egr valve new plugs new wires new oil change new air filter new pcv valve new fuel filter new belts not timing but it was in great shape....

seems when we get the car in the timing marks it runs like crap.... so any pics or tips or anything please please

-_- sorry typed it real fast

Old 11-21-2009, 11:32 PM

Have you checked for vacuum leaks? How's the intake hose? Seems you already replaced everything i'd suggest...

Old 12-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Default ....

Yeah i have check vacuum hoses and all but still seem to have an idle prob i have gotten to where i can drive it