Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Need 2G Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Default Need 2G Help

This guy wants to trade me his 2nd gen MX6 for my 1st gen rx7 and i have no problem with that but i want to know what this thing will look like and what it can do (haven't gotten the pictures email yet) i'll C&P what he emailed me about it "...brand new fuel pump and starter. also more mods to the engine like NGK spark plugs, aem poweradder air filter, i also have a set of coilover springs that i havent put on yet. 17' enkei rims and barum tires only 200 miles on them. engine has 68,000 miles but body has 185,000..."I can't find anything on the power adder air filt so what does that do? and would it be wise to put the co springs on or no? help please and thanks[/align]

Old 10-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Default RE: Need 2G Help

I think the power adder air filter is just a regular intake filter, and those don't add that much power. As far as the coil overs, not many brands make good riding coil over sets for the mx6. The car is pretty quick off the showroom floor, I've kept up with Integra Type Rs pretty easily. Definitely a fun car to drive if you decide to get it.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:14 PM

Here go a few pics of it so i can get some early feedback on it:

so what do ya think??

Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Lose the automatic.Undo the dashboard paint, and the wheels don"t work for me either.It's too bad that the headlight conversion doesn'tseem to fit right, but a good body shop could fix that.But I love the MX6"s.
The problem seems to be that going any further (performance wise) w/available parts may be difficult.