Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Mx3 does not start after washing engine bay - crank slowly

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 03:35 PM
Default Mx3 does not start after washing engine bay - crank slowly

Hi
I have bought a Mazda MX3, the guy that I have bought it from has washed the engine bay with a pressure washer :? and after that the car coud not start.
He has also taken the radio out. Is there a anti theft system who disable the start of the car when it has been out of power? If it is how do I reset?
The symptom is:
When I turn the key the engine cranks slowly, it seems that is missing battery power. I have checked that there is power at the battery 12,5V and tried with another battery and jumper cable but still the same, it crank slowly.
Also when I turn the key the light in dashboard goes out.
Does any have an idea of what who can cause the problem?
Regards
Per

Old 11-08-2014, 07:55 AM

Sounds like the starter, remove it and find a parts store that can test it's amperage draw. I am assuming all connections are tight and corrosion free.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by hixx
Sounds like the starter, remove it and find a parts store that can test it's amperage draw. I am assuming all connections are tight and corrosion free.

Hi

I have now get the car to crank normal, but I got a new problem.

The reason for the slow crank where that the previous owner had installed a alarm, bullgard 950s

When I removed the alarm, the car cranks at normal speed-but it still does not start.

A new problem, when I turn the key - all the lights at the dash lights up, but not the engine light.
As I remember before I removed the alarm there where light in check engine when I turn the key, and it turned of after 3 sec.
Now there are no light in check engine.

I am pretty sure that I have soldiered the wires together where I removed the alarm from, only one wire where cut at the starter key (the black/blue one) and a black one where taped into.

I have checked the fuses in engine bay, and also at the driver leg. All checks fine.

A note when I turn the key there are also no beep tone for seat belt and key in ignition - before that I removed the alarm there where also no check sound

What coud the problem be... I think that the no start issue is due to the missing check engine light