Mazda MX-3 and Mazda MX-6 These two sporty models have become popular cars for import tuners due to the availability of parts, the low price, and the smooth lines.

Immobiliser and Engine Control unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 PM
Default Immobiliser and Engine Control unit

I have a 1995 mazda MX6 V6 2.5 Coupe, Took it to a local Mazda Dealer, and was told I need a new/secondhand Immobiliser and ECU, and that they could fit/replace the items if I(myself) could locate the items, collect and deliver the items.(Something, correct me if i'm Wrong, is what I expected the dealer to do on my behalf as I know absolutely nothing about immobolisers and ECU's and could not recognise the units if they were placed immediately in front of my eyes) can anyone give me any advice on how/where i can obtain these units, or if i really need to buy both, or if someone who has experienced the same problem as myself and how they rectified it.
Tried to start my car, the engine turns over, then a light on my dashboard pops up that says " Security" stays on and then everything goes dead. cannot start the car, no matter what I try, hence getting it towed 9 miles to a Mazda dealer, now its stuck there.

I have Left my car With a Mazda Dealer, that told me I need a new Imobiliser and Engine control unit. after surfing internet I located and purchased a" Lock Set". Dealer installed supplied parts, Stopped the security light from kicking in. but said I had another Imboliser on my car. passed car on to another company, to remove other imobiliser. Other imobiliser now removed. BUT neither dealer of company that removed imobiliser , can get the car to start. I feel that I have been given a complete "runaround" by the so called experts. any suggestion please would be gratefully welcome. Dealer still has my car.

Last edited by DaveMX6Owner; 05-02-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: update as problem still exist
Old 04-19-2012, 07:15 AM

PM me the last 8 digits of your Vin & I will see if I have anything in stock.

-Sheldon.