Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

wife jus bought 2001 mazada mpv,need pros and common cons

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Default wife jus bought 2001 mazada mpv,need pros and common cons

sup fellas! look! i need this and need it quick wife is thinking about buying mazada mpv 2001,,,,,,i havent had time to research much,,,,need to know what shes buying,,,purchaseing for like 7,000.00 only has like 62k,,,i need to know any major problems ,,,recalls,,,,in other words tell me what you know that i dont or need to know before she does,,,,need this quick guys,,,thanxx,,,oh and by the way im a new member,holla bac!!1

Old 04-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Default RE: wife jus bought 2001 mazada mpv,need pros and common cons

Not really seen any major problems at all with the 2000-01 MPV. Actually very surprising as many new models have a bevy of oddball problems untill all the kinks are worked out from production. There were a few minor recalls on a brake proportioning line, cruise control actuator cable, and rear heater pipe warranty extension is all I can think of off the top of my head but they were all fairly minor things. Sounds like a pretty good deal with that low of mileage. Would buy one myself if the wife was not so in love with her white 92 V6 4X4 MPV which currently has almost 180k on it with original engine and transmission.
A used car or safety check up by a trusted and qualified repair shop is always a good idea though. $70 spent for a check could tell you if van has been maintained properly or has just been driven into the ground with no maintenance.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: thanxx huey!!!!!!

i am rather new and it was my first post,,,i didnt think anyone would answer,,,as i was saying,,,,,wife responded buying vehicle before i could check it out,,,,but so far seems ok,,,do you know a website where i can check to see if this vehicle has any recalls that remain to be fixed,,,or shall i jus go to mazada even tho i tried before but when id enter in the vin number it would say not correct,,,ill go re-write vin down to make sure correct,,,,hey! thanx again,,,,oh and that was a pretty good deal wasnt it? i could believe this thing with so few miles and a 2001,,,um like what was this thing doing jus sitting,,,any way holla bac ,,,ill look forward to hearing from you again when i need somthing on this or others ,,,thanxxx againg huey for dropping that knowledge
holla bac when ya can

Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Default Recalls still open

You can go to mazdausa website and register under the owner section and it should give you any open recalls or other programs on you van. If you want a more detailed look then PM me with your 17 digit VIN and I can not only see what recalls or programs have not yet been completed but also a complete warranty history that would let you know what repair were made and parts replaced during the warranty coverage period.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Default RE: Recalls still open

Does the site you mentioned work for Canadian vehicles? Mine was bought in Southern Ontario where I live.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 AM

I do not know if a Canadian vehicle will register at the mazdausa website as have never tried but probably would as it would not be unusual for a Canadian vehicle to be sold and operated in the US. Canada does have their own website at this link.

http://www.mazda.ca/index.asp

Do not know if the same options are available there as well. If you mean the website that I would use to look up the warranty and repair history I have also never tried with a Canadian vehicle as well but would put the numbers in if you would like to try. Actually do not need the entire VIN but only the last 10 digits. Will be able to decode from just that portion of the VIN if you want to try it.

Old 04-09-2007, 12:06 AM

I do not know if a Canadian vehicle will register at the mazdausa website as have never tried but probably would as it would not be unusual for a Canadian vehicle to be sold and operated in the US. Canada does have their own website at this link.

http://www.mazda.ca/index.asp

Do not know if the same options are available there as well. If you mean the website that I would use to look up the warranty and repair history I have also never tried with a Canadian vehicle as well but would put the numbers in if you would like to try. Actually do not need the entire VIN but only the last 10 digits. Will be able to decode from just that portion of the VIN if you want to try it.