Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Knocking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Default Knocking Noise

I have discovered a knocking noise what seems to be under our feet area of a Mazda 2000 MPV. It happens randomly and is most noticeable when going very very slow, like driving out of your driveway, backing up or going forward slow.
There is nothing hanging or anything obvious when looking under the van. It doesn't happen when in idle.
The van doesn't even have to be on, when getting in(sitting down) or getting out either side of the van, I can duplicate the sound. Some knocking sound under the feet area that you can feel when it happens.
With the van off if bouncing up and down in either seat you can make this knocking sound happen. Or rocking the van back and forth it will happen.

Anyone with information would be Great, Thanks

Old 04-15-2020, 09:22 PM
Default Knocking noise

Originally Posted by Burkhart
I have discovered a knocking noise what seems to be under our feet area of a Mazda 2000 MPV. It happens randomly and is most noticeable when going very very slow, like driving out of your driveway, backing up or going forward slow.
There is nothing hanging or anything obvious when looking under the van. It doesn't happen when in idle.
The van doesn't even have to be on, when getting in(sitting down) or getting out either side of the van, I can duplicate the sound. Some knocking sound under the feet area that you can feel when it happens.
With the van off if bouncing up and down in either seat you can make this knocking sound happen. Or rocking the van back and forth it will happen.

Did you ever find out the issue? Thanks

Old 04-24-2020, 12:34 AM
Default Please help

Please help anyone if you can I'm trying to get this done..
Originally Posted by Burkhart