Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

k fellas heres the verdict on map/maf code this is maestro!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Default k fellas heres the verdict on map/maf code this is maestro!

1st of all m.a.p code was fixed and part replaced ,,,jus that the guy who used car dealership got to fix didnt reset the code so thats why it kept coming bACK,,also fixed as of 6-13-07 the throttle body,,,i was told by reviews that mpv2001 had issues with acceleration sticking or sticky peddle feel,is this what the throttle body is,,,and or tell me exactly what throttle body being fixed should inprove,in other words what am i to look for with new throttle body,,,,,

sorry so dumb founded !i do know this i know mazada knows its product,,,another question,im not one to keep putting a vehicle in the shop no it hasnt been alot but am wondering if taken once would it seem to need more frequent trips to service meaning other things done to vehicle to make one keep returning,,,you guys know what im asking let me know ! maestro!

Old 06-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Default RE: k fellas heres the verdict on map/maf code this is maestro!

HEY maestro!!! Long time no hear from there buddy. Thought maybe the van drove you to madness. How have you been doing

If the code was not reset the CEl would have never gone off but hopefully that has been repaired. Was probably just vacuum line at EGR valve being left off anyway.
If you are experiencing the gas pedal "sticking" as you just begin to accelerate then carbon build-up inside the throttle body bore is the most likely cause. Has been a problem on both the MPV and expecially the Tribute. This sticking would be like the gas pedal felt really hard and suddenly "lets go" and van jolts forward. Replacing the throttle body will take care of this although cleaning inside has proven to be effective for a time.
By your last statement, you are meaning that a mechanic might be able to do something like plant a bug so that you have to come back again for CEL on or other problems later on?? Afraid it probably happens way too often maestro. One would think it would backfire as customer would get tired of coming back over and over and find a new mechanic but am sure it still happens. You have seen the TV shows where an undercover crew simply disconnects the throttle cable, has it towed to a variety of shops, and has all maner of problems found to "fix" the problem(most of them expensive[:@][:@]). It is nice to see however that some shops/technicians not only diagnose this easy problem quickly and correctly but make the simple reinstallation of throttle cable for free.