Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

i need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Default i need help!!!!!

I need help.I have a 2001 MPV. I have replaced my IMRC, my mass air flow sensor, and I fixed a vacuum leak in my PCV valve hose. I took it to Auto Zone and there are no codes being spit out. When I try to accelerate, it hesitates and almost boggs down. Then it sputters and goes. WHen I sit at a light, it almost stalls. I get a little bit of backfiring. When I finally get going, it accelerates really slow. When I finally hit the speed limit, it evens out and goes ok until I try to punch the gas and speed up. Then it hesitates and sputters and backfires again. Does anyone know what I should do before I take it to the dealer??? Agian, there are no codes being spit out!!! Thanks and I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:07 PM
Default RE: i need help!!!!!

Hi guys
I got the same trouble as Jim and Im trying to get information before begin to put money at random. I can drive my mpv an hour without problem but then begin the hesitation. If I turn off the engine and wait half hour work good and then after that comes again the problem. At low rpm work perfect but at 2,000 rpm in advance make trobles.All the details that Jim describe my mpv do it. I dont know if the ignition coil may be the trouble because in the past I had a similar trouble with a ford winstar 2002 and I changed the coil and the problem disappear.Please if you got some inf. let me know at jeangyan@aol.com thanks....

Old 01-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Default RE: i need help!!!!!

I had a similar problem on my MPV.Get someone to sit in the car with the engine on .get them to put it in drive with the brakes on and try to listen to it to hear if the engine is missing.
I changed my ignition coil pack and leads and it sorted the problem.Its a easy job to do just make sure you dont forget the small earthing wire that sits under the coil pack that one of the 4 retaining screws goes through