Mazda MPV This minivan was among the class leaders with its roomy interior and efficient powertrain.

Car lockdown?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Default Car lockdown?

I have a 1993 MPV and I can't seem to get it to start. When I open the door the back lights and front lights blink and the red light in my car continues to blink. I know that red light is suppose to shut off when I enter the car but now it doesn't. It also makes a beep noise. (beep beep beep than stops than starts again).
I was messing around with it and I managed to get the car started and got the red light and the beepy noises to stop and it was back to normal. But when I closed and opened the door again it started up again..
I'm assuming it's some kind of security lockdown.
Any idea anyone?

Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Default RE: Car lockdown?

93 MPV did not come with a factory alarm system so you are dealing with some type of aftermarket system. Probably has some kind of switch tied into the dome light circuit to detect when a door is opened without first disarming the system. You might try removing the 15 amp ROOM fuse which would remove power from the interior light circuit so the security system cannot "see" that a door has been opened. Just all depends on how the system is set-up and the aftermarkets vary greatly.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the reply, I'm kinda new at this. Is that under the steering wheel inside of the car? Or is it the one under the hood of the car?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:56 AM

Room fuse is inside the van just forward of the hood release lever in the underdash fuse box.