Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

very strange fuel or vacuum problem with 95 millenia

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 01:28 PM
Default very strange fuel or vacuum problem with 95 millenia

i was driving the other day and all of the sudden my car just kinda bogged down and stopped, it idles fine but when any throttle is applied it will bog down, backfire and almost die. we have already replaced the fuel filter, the fuel pump as well as the regulator. i'm thinking it could be a vacuum leak because you can kinda hear an air leak while it's running and also when you use the bypass to kick on the fuel pump alone, we have no clue what this problem could be, has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be? any help would be very usefull.

thanks alot,
korey

Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Default RE: very strange fuel or vacuum problem with 95 millenia

also, one more thing

there IS a very loud knocking sound coming from below the intake manifold twards the timing belt, could this be my knock sensor and could it be causing this problem?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:50 AM

I just had the same thing happen to me last week and I haven't solved it yet but I have to keep driving the car to work... not fun.

Mine stumbles while accelerating but some times it suddenly clears up here and there but most of the time there is an issue. I am also wondering if I am getting nock and the ECU is retarding timing. This started to happen the first warm summer day for me.

I don't really have a backfire but I have a hole in my Cat and it needs to be replaced.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:40 AM

hopefully i can get to a solution soon, any information would help out, if we can't figure this out we may have to resort to car place to check it out, not really looking forward to that one.

thanks for the reply clearrtc, if you find anything out please let me know!

also, mine is to the point where i can't even drive it, it's top speed right now is about 20 miles an hour, we think maybe a sensor or something, but it's not coming up with fault codes.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:00 AM

I should mention I am also not getting any codes, but it is OBD 1 on this car.

I had a 20mph issue yesterday (or about 40kph) my car does have a missnwhen it wet out which I am pretty sure is one of the coils or wires. anyway this coupled with the current issue made it almost impossible to pull away from a light.

Also in the last few days no matter what I set my cliamte control to the car poor out hot air into the cabin (fans arnt running just air flow with windows open) it really hot, reminds me of when my supra overheated, but the heat gauge hasn't mived from its normal resting postition while running. Not sure what to make of that.

Old 06-05-2007, 06:56 PM

does anyone else have input to this, i could really use some help

Old 06-05-2007, 07:08 PM

Check your timing? Search for P0725 or timing belt! Second trip to a different mazda technician! He called the Mazda Tech line after about an hour trying to figure out the problem and they said that it is common for the timing belts to stretch while running but all the timing marks to be lined up when on top dead center. So he removed the bolt on the cam sensor and rotated it counter clock wise and now my car runs great!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:20 AM

Hey mazdakorey,

have you gotten you issue solved yet?

I am still working on mine, I got a little more info here as well. HTH

http://forums.mazdaworld.org/index.p...p;#entry393260

Clear