Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Transmission Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 11:03 AM
Default Transmission Help

i have a 96 millenia s and the other day i pulled up to a stop sigh and my transmission went out. When i put it in gear the rpms drop but if you get it some gas it revs up and doesnt move. if i change the filter and do a trans flush do you think it will fix it? please help this is the only car i have! Thanks

Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Default RE: Transmission Help

I had a similar problem. Mine went out and when I put it in reverse, it would start shaking and rev up, but wouldn't go into gear.

Long story short, yeah I had to have the whole trans rebuilt to the tune of $2500. I don't see how a filter change and trans flush would fix the problem. If you find yourself with a busted trans, my recommendation would be to just buy a whole 'nother trans. Rebuilding these foreign transmissions is tricky and if one little thing is off, then you'll be back in the shop a few more times.

You can find aused trans fairly cheap if you know someone you can trust to install it for you.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Default RE: Transmission Help

Hey i'm new to this forum and have had several problems w/ my 95 millenia S. Now it jerks and I've changed spark plugs but that's not it so i'm looking for a fuel pump. If you know anyone just let me know please. I have a transmission sitting in my dad's garage that came out ofmyother95 mazda millenia S, he's ready for me to get rid of it, i was trying to hold on to it for in case the millenia i have now messes up. I'm not sure about the miles and everything but my dad knows and does a bit with cars so if you're interested in it let me know. He did tell me thatit worked for a 2.3L and years 95-97 model.