Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

TCS trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Default TCS trouble

I recently bought a 95 millenia S for $3000. the first dayI drove it the car had problems. Whenever I came to a stop sign the car wouldn't accelerate correctly. When I'm on the highway I couldn't get it past 70 without the car shaking. I bought it back to the mechanic, he change the TCS box and the car runs smoothly for the first hour or so. After an hour or long driving the tcs turns off and the previous problems happens all over again. Did I get rob or should I bring it back to the mechanic and have him try to fix the problem. I really love this car and don't want to return it to dealer. how can this tcs problem be fixed. also, my hold light is flashing, its been flashing since i bought the vehicle. please someone give me a solution or an opinion....

Old 06-15-2006, 11:04 PM
Default RE: TCS trouble

TCS OFF light is the equivalent of the check engine light but only for the TCS/ABS system. Is the ABS light also on? A fault is being detected when these lights come and codes need to be retrieved in order to diagnose the system. To get the code you need to locate the DIAGNOSIS connector located in the drivers rear corner of the engine compartment. See first pic below. Do not use the TEN pin for this procedure. Look on the underside of the diagnosis cover and you will see a diagram of the connector with pin designations. You need to locate the pin labeled TBS and use a jumper to ground this pin to vehicle ground point or GND in the connector. Turn the key to ON and watch the ABS light. If a fault is stored then light will start flashing. Longer duration flashes folowed by shorter duration flashes and then will repeat. For example, 1 long flash followed by 5 short flashes, pause and then repeat would be a code 15.
Try this and see what you come up with.
What TCS box was replaced by the way? The TCS is built into the ABS control module under the dash above and to the outside of the drivers footwell. I am sure it is not a cheap compnent

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/C27EEF9C4F864820B38559488AFDEFC9.gif[/IMG]

Old 06-30-2006, 04:36 PM

Hi, My 99 2.5 has the TCS and Anti lock brake lights on, it also throws code #po155. The cover for the diagnosis connector does not have a pin diagram, can't find one in Alldate, ( I am really starting to dislike Alldata ) and they say the car does not have a code #PO155. So, how do I find the TBS connector to attach it to ground to clear the memory..

Thanks in advance for yur help..

Old 11-13-2006, 12:05 PM

Kid: make sure when you're on the highway and it's shaking.... pull off highway and check for heat in the wheelwells. put your hand on your rims and see if any are significantly hotter than each other. Just to rule out of your brakes are stuck clamped down. Just a thought.