Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Supercharger questition

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Default Supercharger questition

Question about superchargers. I would like to know if a failing supercharger thats not putting out the air volume would cause an engine to run on the hot side. The engine after a normal run seems very hot and has correct fluids and new thermostate.
Many thanks...

Old 07-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Default RE: Supercharger questition

i dont think so. the cooling system on this car is excellent, if everything is up to par. the more air is compressed, the hotter it gets. most common symptom of dying compressor is oil consumption. you will see it on startup, and hard acceleration. the most common overheat problem i read about is failed fan system, not just the fan, but the system too. check to see if they come on when they are supposed to. if the car is ok at speed, but heating up at idle, fan system is a good bet.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Default RE: Supercharger question 1995 Millenia S

Thanks for the information, I defiantly have oil situation, burns lot at start up so have often thought that supercharger is on the horizon.
I have heard the fan running but sitting in traffic with full a/c on, often shuts off where on other vehicle's I've owned, using full a/c brings on both fans continuously.
Do you know where the fan circuit is located, I will defiantly check this out further.
As a note to this, I fitted a switch which controlled the fan relay on a 1984 Vet for the same reason and ran it when in traffic etc. If I could find the fan relay on the millenia, would maybe do the same. The Mazda is an older car and a switch is cheaper and more reliable than starting to change circuit boards and other.
Many thanks for this...

Old 07-29-2007, 01:22 PM
Default RE: Supercharger question 1995 Millenia S

just had the same problem about 2 months ago.. The super sounds like its definately shot since mine burned oil like crazy at the start up but always rean fairly smoothe after. When we opened up the compressor (super) it was practically filled with oil. About 3500 can later and she was back on the road good as new. Why would i spend this much... Drive it youll see.