Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Stalling and Driving Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Default Stalling and Driving Problems

I have an 02 Millenia. Recently, it has been intermittently stalling while puttling on brakes or coasting. Sometimes when driving, it "lurches" or jerks back and forth when gas pedal is down. Then it will run great for 2 days. Then problem starts again. I have taken to dealer and independent garage. They cannot recreate the problem. I thought I had tank of bad gas, but filled it up with premium and problem is still there at times. It seems that it may happen when air conditioner is on. There is no pattern. It just happens, sometimes for a minute, and sometimes for longer. This is not safe!

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I have read some posts and people mention possible fuel pump, throttle body, or ignition coil. If someone could help so I can point the dealer/garage in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated! They are going to keep it for a few days and hope it acts up....thanks!!

Old 03-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Default RE: Stalling and Driving Problems

yeah mine same problem, your's idle rough too when it does that ? mine did that last week, for a day, then it ran perfect for a week, now it does that again, i hope when i bring it to a garage, it still has the simptom, will make it easy for them to diagnose, i'll tell you if they find the problem,

Old 03-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Default RE: Stalling and Driving Problems

I put in new cap & rotorplus spark plug wires for $150 it drive nice now, no more hesitation like before i did it.step on it i'll just goes