Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Solenoid/Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Default Solenoid/Transmission

I recently bought a 1995 Millenia. Engine seems great. One problem, it won't shift into 4th gear. My friend, a mechanic, said that the transmission is not slipping anywhere and he thinks its the solenoid. Does that seem right and where can i find that part, and how hard is it to replace? One other point is that the hold button on the stick does not seem to respond it just blinks "hold" on my dash, could that have anything to do with it?

Old 03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Default RE: Solenoid/Transmission

I'm no mechanic and right now my car has a few more problems that what yours has. So I don't think I'll solve your problem, but I may shed a small light at least on the problem. First of all, it sounds like your car isn't shifting into overdrive. The blinking hold light is indication of this. I've had this problem with my 95' Milly as well. For some reason when there is heavy moisture, the car will shift normally. Basically I was begining the trouble shooting by inspecting and replacing all the vacuum hosing. Takes a while, and you better be very careful when doing this especially in the back of the engine. The sensors there can be fragile and break. This also may be a problem as well. The other possible reason for this is that the grounds to the sensors aren't properly grounded. That means that you have to find and clean all the connections to the sensors. Good luck. Also a vacuum diagram should be atop your list of things to get. I think there's a link somewhere in this forum.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Default RE: Solenoid/Transmission

if you have a 2.5, i think 4th gear controls by a band, have your O.D button check, maybe broken spring, if is stuck off, it won't let the trans goes into overdrive