Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Oil change...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 AM
Default Oil change...

Hi

I've had my 1995 2.5 Xedos 9 for more than half a year (bought off Ebay!) and am very happy with it so far...

Last month it passed the annual MOT inspection with no probs. including passing the emission tests with very low readings, but I've done quite a few miles since and the engine's sounding less smooth - I'm pretty sure I'm due an oil change and other minor servicing.

So I could locate a service manual but hope to do the obvious myself ASAP, but that doesn't seem so easy.

A Xedos 6 forum suggests the oil/filter change is easy but without a ramp for the 9 (Millennia in USA) I can't locate the bottom of the sump from the front. The is a small flap on the plastic undertray behind and below the right front lights labeled "Open Here" that could be a cover but I can't see inside or feel a bolt to unscrew.

Any pointers?

Also, I guess I should replace the transmission oil while I'm at it - which may present similar home servicing difficulties...

Thanks in advance, Tim