Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Millenia 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Default Malinium 2001 S

Originally Posted by keninn
74.63 is suggested list. tasca discounted price, 51.49
I thank you very much. Just had the car diagnosed. It came up with po300 randum misfire (plugs or wires)
p0302 cylinder 2 misfire (could be plugs and or wires l think)
p1113 lysholm compressor malfunctioned (what is this never heard of it)
P1402 egr valve position sensor circuit malfunction (need to find it)
P1526 air by pass valve solinoid valve (which is the main problem for it running rough and "limp mode" as you have stated.

Bottom line, now l can start eliminating one problem at time.

On a side note. I thank you very much for your expertise. Relatively mechanical inclined and do 90% of the work myself once l know what it is.

Your experience and wisdom is very appreciated. From Germany
l will save you a beer. Heinz

Old 02-13-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Heinz
I thank you very much. Just had the car diagnosed. It came up with po300 randum misfire (plugs or wires)
p0302 cylinder 2 misfire (could be plugs and or wires l think)
p1113 lysholm compressor malfunctioned (what is this never heard of it)
P1402 egr valve position sensor circuit malfunction (need to find it)
P1526 air by pass valve solinoid valve (which is the main problem for it running rough and "limp mode" as you have stated.

Bottom line, now l can start eliminating one problem at time.

On a side note. I thank you very much for your expertise. Relatively mechanical inclined and do 90% of the work myself once l know what it is.

Your experience and wisdom is very appreciated. From Germany
l will save you a beer. Heinz
p0300/0302-this is a cop(coil on plug) system. there are no ign wires to replace. if the plugs have not been changed in a while(mazda recommends 60k) you should do that first. also, while in there, swap the coil with another cylinder, and see if the miss follows. if so, you need a coil. #2 is easy to get at(front bank). iirc, if you get the 0300(random miss), it only throws the first missing cylinder. you may have more than 1. so, after you solve the #2 cyl, another might show up.
p1113 is intake air temp sensor(compressor) open or short. cant help you there, i dunno where it is.
the egr position valve is part of the valve itself. check the connection to be sure it is ok, the other possibility is vacuum related.
1526 is abv vacuum valve, KJ02-18-741A, and is becoming very common. it lives in a row of 4 solenoids, back of the engine. to the driver's side of the egr valve, you will see a row of 4 solenoids. the vacuum is the one closest to the driver. tricky to get at your first time, i had to remove the entire bracket to get it off. good luck

Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Default M

http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do

5 tasca mazda dealers in ri?
I ment 5 addresses. Did not see the one above. I thank you again.

Old 02-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Default Malinium 2001 S

74.63 is suggested list. tasca discounted price, 51.49
Here is what l was quoted.

The part number you need is KJ01-18-100C. The list price is 201.61, and your price at our website, tacsaparts.com, will be 139.08 each plus the freight.

Why not check out our tascaparts.com store site? We have a full selection of OEM Parts for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, and Volvo. We offer the best prices on the web, and a complete selection, for all your parts needs! Call us at 1.800.915.3141, and we can answer any questions, or process your order, right over the phone!
Thank you !
Tony Medeiros

Old 02-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Here is what l was quoted.

The part number you need is KJ01-18-100C. The list price is 201.61, and your price at our website, tacsaparts.com, will be 139.08 each plus the freight.

Why not check out our tascaparts.com store site? We have a full selection of OEM Parts for Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Mazda, and Volvo. We offer the best prices on the web, and a complete selection, for all your parts needs! Call us at 1.800.915.3141, and we can answer any questions, or process your order, right over the phone!
Thank you !
Tony Medeiros
ok, i'm confused. that part number is for an ignition coil(cop-there are 6). the part numbers i posted were for the solenoids. are you looking for coils or solenoids? if you want coils, i have some used ones, but freight will kick your butt.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:13 AM

I wanted solinoids and this is what they responded with. this is the main thing i need right now. "1526 is abv vacuum valve, KJ02-18-741A". So I am trying everywhere to get this part. Thanks Heinz

Old 02-21-2009, 08:07 PM

I wanted solinoids and this is what they responded with. this is the main thing i need right now. "1526 is abv vacuum valve, KJ02-18-741A". So I am trying everywhere to get this part. Thanks Heinz
you can only get that part from a dealer. i wouldnt advise getting used one, you might inherit someone else's problem. when i got mine from tasca, i gave them the part number, and they checked stock. they actually had one, so i air'd it, and it solved my problem. i also ordered the vent solenoid, because they have been an issue, too. if you go to tascamazda's site, there is a place to put in the part number(without the dashes, so it would be kj0218741a) and the price comes up. then, you can order it. cheers

Old 07-16-2009, 06:49 PM
Default P1540

Hey Keninn
hope you are well
what would be the best way to fix this code?

Thanks
My son bought a 99 mazda Millinium with someone elses problems
and he is really bumed out
hope u can help

Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Glennacosta
Hey Keninn
hope you are well
what would be the best way to fix this code?

Thanks
My son bought a 99 mazda Millinium with someone elses problems
and he is really bumed out
hope u can help
1540 again, is the abv circuit. you should first check ALL the vacuum lines, and replace all tees. if possible, replace all the lines, too. see if you can get metal or brass tees, thats what i did. the lines/tees are old and brittle now, so if you just fix here and there, it will keep coming back. just do it all at once. are you getting tcs/tcs off lites, and limp home mode, too?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Red face P1540

TCS/TCS OFF light does come on
don't know what the and limp home mode is

thank you for your Quick reply
if we do all this and the problem still accurs what do we need to do next?

Thank you

Quick Reply: Millenia 2000