Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Mazda Millenia Hate Thread--Spread the hate.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Default RE: Mazda Millenia Hate Thread--Spread the hate.

Hey - it's a free world. I can understand your frustration with the car. I've had and am having difficulties with certain aspects of the car. It does get frustrating. I will say this, if your engine is shaking quite a bit - especially when you put it in reverse - maybe it has a dead cylinder. I've got that problem right now. #6 cylinder is dead... and when I checked the sparkplugs - #1 and #6 sparkplugs were burnt to a crisp. Right down to the ceramic. Bosh Platinum plugs they were andI guessNRG (?) are the better plug to buy. My continuing problem is that it won't shift into overdrive. That's a work in progress for when I have time.

Anyway - I do like your enthusiasim (sarcasm there for ya) for the car and this forum thread, but if it really isa problem car for ya ... I'm sure you can get rid of it to someone ... perhaps even on this website. Goodluck to ya in whatever decision you make. I still like this car. My other car is an 87 VW Jetta with 210k miles and going. I like that car as well. Get a VW if you can.

Razdude.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Razdude
Get a VW if you can.

Razdude.
He's having problems w/his Mazda, and you want him to trade for a VW?? Frying pan to the fire if you ask me... and I used to repair VW's!!! Few go as far as yours w/o serious problems, let me tell you.

But I do agree that this is a white elephant for you at this time in your life and that you should get a more reliable vehicle... how about a moped?

Old 12-03-2007, 09:05 PM

I make a 100k+ and have a 95, can we end this thread, it is useless? This should be technical not a rant session.... Moderator, please step in.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:19 PM

I don't think he'll be back for more....this thread will wither and die on it's own.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:34 AM
Super Moderator

^ ^ ^ +1 ^ ^ ^

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 PM

The original poster seems to have an issue that may be addressed by a competent physician or in the alternative is simply a very youthful and inexperienced individual. I first purchased a 1998 Millenia and enjoyed it to the extent that when I found that they were no longer going to be sent stateside in 2002 I purchased a 02 and will keep it for as long as practical. Never have I had an issue with either of the Millenias however I keep the maintenance up to a high level...........ie: brake fluid changes each year, trans flush and coolant flush every two years. Platinum plugs every two years and the list goes on. Oh.............I also have a Volvo c70 that is not reliable, a BMW Hartge H-3 that is a maintenance headache and a MX-5 that.........yes.. you guessed it.............is perfect. With that said I simply wonder about the "condition" of the original poster.

Captain

Old 12-05-2007, 08:40 PM

nah, it's a typical young kid. saw the car, and liked the looks. didnt get a pdi, didnt know enough about cars in general to even warrant getting a car. probably spent tuition on it, plus the youthful thoughts that nothing ever goes wrong with cars. probably thought he got a screaming deal, cause the price was so cheap. welcome to the real world.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:31 AM

point well made Kennin! When I was a youngster we knew how to work on an auto simply because we didn't have the cash to take one to a mechanic. Our dads wouldn't let us buy one until we had extra cash in the bank to repair it. Were those "good old days"??

Captain

Old 12-06-2007, 03:35 PM

We ought to start talking about first cars. Mine was a 73 Triumph Spitfire. I would have loved to only have the problems he has with his Millenia. When it rained, water actually came in over the top of the windshield. And parts! They didn't exist. Triumphs hadn't been made in years.

Then again, I went to school to learn to work on cars. I only take my car to the shop when I don't feel like fixing it myself.

I wonder if he even knows what Miller Cycle is...

Old 12-07-2007, 07:08 AM

I bought an Austin Healey in London in 1965 and got it to the states with diplomatic status and so it has clear turn signals, no smog controls and a radiomobile radio.........oh yes it also has wing mirrors with 60 spoke knock offs. I still have that auto with the original license plates: DUL571C. The auto has 6,200 original miles on it! I don't drive it much at all. You must remember Lord Lucas, Duck of Darkness. I only keep the auto because of memories and one day I suppose I will sell it............probably for more than the approximate $2,200.00 I paid for it in 1965.

Captain

Quick Reply: Mazda Millenia Hate Thread--Spread the hate.