Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Front suspension noise when turning at low speed

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by keninn
yo, this is a millenia. different from a 626. we also had a 626 BIIG pile of sh*t. 626 is made in the usa. millenias all made in japan. in the years we had the 626, i never changed an axle. the millenia axles seem to last about 60k. the upper strut bearings i have never changed. the 626 shocks dont last. the millenia shocks last forever, unless aftermarket springs are used. 626 brakes are lousy. both our 99 millenias brake discs STILL mic well within specs. 626 had new rack under warranty. i have never had a millenia rack go bad. how many millenias have YOU owned? i am only posting from my personal experience, and what others post on the other forum. lotsa axles, no strut bearings. but hey, it's your car. one thing for sure, and axle on a millenia is way easier to change than a strut bearing.
Whoa buddy, rein in your hostility, I've never owned a Millenia. I've never had problems with brakes on any of my 626's, yes of course they wear out and need to be replaced from time to time. I have a 626 with over 500k km or 300K miles on it with the original clutch still in it, how many Millenia's have you had with that kind of mileage. I've never had the rack go on me I have changed the axles due to torn boots and I have changed the upper strut bearings.

Yes, axles are indeed easier to change labour wise than upper strut bearings but cost wise, the upper bearings are less than $10 each, the axles are around $100 or more each for a 626, perhaps even more for a Millenia and that's even with a trade discount. The price also depends on who makes them if they are after market.

Why not take the car to a trusted front end shop and have them do a test drive to determine exactly what is wrong before shelling out for new axles, unless of course you can see that a boot is toast.

I'm not trying to be an *******, just chucking out ideas that might save a few bucks on what might be an unnecessary replacement part.