Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Low beam headlight turning pink/purpple?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 12:55 AM
Default Low beam headlight turning pink/purpple?

The passenger side low beam headlight in my 2006 Mazda3 is not as white as how it used to be, now is turning pink/purple? Does that mean I need to replace the HID light bulb or....might be something else?

Old 02-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Lightbulb

WOW!.... Over 100 views and still nobody can tell me what's going on with my Mazda3 headlight low beam bulb?...Am I in the Mazda forum?...because it looks like nobody had the HID bulb "change of color" issue before, I guess I should try other forums, perhaps the Toyota...lol

Old 02-07-2015, 08:38 AM

Well, if your headlight is not working as intended then it probably needs to be replaced. If you are a Toyota guy, don't come here and antagonize us Mazda enthusiasts, we're plenty happy to enjoy our sporty cars and let you enjoy your Toyotas...automotive appliances that they are. Zoom-zoom!

Old 02-07-2015, 08:59 AM
Banned
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by leftoverture
well, if your headlight is not working as intended then it probably needs to be replaced. If you are a toyota guy, don't come here and antagonize us mazda enthusiasts, we're plenty happy to enjoy our sporty cars and let you enjoy your toyotas...automotive appliances that they are. Zoom-zoom!
Whew!
i saw this before, problem was weird. Yes you might be first on this forum to experience something like this.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-07-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by leftoverture
Well, if your headlight is not working as intended then it probably needs to be replaced. If you are a Toyota guy, don't come here and antagonize us Mazda enthusiasts, we're plenty happy to enjoy our sporty cars and let you enjoy your Toyotas...automotive appliances that they are. Zoom-zoom!
Sorry leftoverture ...but unfortunately I'm not a Toyota guy (you can tell by my member's name) I'm also aware that the low beam headlight bulb in my Mazda3 need to be replaced but I'm I just curious, and want to find out, why the light beam is turning pink/purple so,...where's the right place to ask?...Mazda forum of course!!!.. I'm not trying to antagonize you but since I got no answers, neither from you or anybody else in this forum I might as well try in a different forum because HID light bulb are also installed in Toyota's, Honda's, Lexus etc..got my point? Like somebody mention in here, I might be the first on this forum to experience something like this so, if I get an answer to my question in any other forums, I will post in here so all of the Zoom-Zoom owners including "your self", will know the answer in case they run into the same problem some day

Old 02-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Thumbs up Ok, Mazda3 owners, now we all know!!

UPDATE: Just got a response from one of the other cars forums:

"If you see a pink color beam, the HID light bulb it's like about to go dead, next step is the bulb flickering, and then it being completely inoperative, they're expensive to replace too. Also, you should be very careful in changing these bulbs yourself. In fact, I wouldn't recommend it. They take a very high current and it can be dangerous unless you're sure you know what you are doing. You can still be shocked if the car is off. The only true way to make sure you aren't shocked is to remove the negative wire from the battery"

Ok, Mazda3 owners, now we all know!!