Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

The dreaded Vacum problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 AM
Default The dreaded Vacum problems

I have a 2000 Mill S with around 90k miles on it. My TCS started kicking on a couple of months ago. First place read the codes (Basically 105 & 1525) and was scared to death of the S/C and the vacum sensor. I was pretty nervous too so I bought a OBD Code Reader. With the help form this forum and from digging around, I figured out where the ABV Vent sol was, but couldn't get a part number to buy one. Since I couldn't get my inspection sticker with the check light, I went ahead and took it to the local Mazda Dealership and here was there diagnosis:
Replace both ABV Vent and Vacum Solenoids - $100/ea
Replace MAP Senor - $320
Labor $330 - w/ tax total was $895!
I told them the Vacum didn't need replacing, they kept saying it did and it went down hill from there. I told them to just replace the vent and that was it - total was $216
Now the 1525 is permanately gone
Chased the 105 MAP issue down to a broken Tee on the vacum under the S/C (the one in front of the rear bank) -Sensor was OK - I can not stress enough how important and easy it is to check the vacum before replacing the MAP Sensor (I found one locally for $159).
At this point I was really concerned about getting my inspection sticker and wasn't really wanting to rip the whole Intake system off for a piece of plastic, I just ran a new vacum line from the front bank back to the MAP Solenoid.This cleared my 105 code and allowed me to try and get it inspected. IT FAILED!!
In my zeal and pride of fixing the CEL,I noticed the battery terminals had gotten funky, so I disconnected the battery, cleaned the post and reconnected. The car failed because there were 3 Monitors that didn't reset themselves. I guess it is because I disconnected the battery, but I've put 200 miles on it and the C and EV won't come ready!!

2 questions: What do I have to do to get the Monitorsto reset and will it hurt anything for now running the MAP off of only 1 bank? The car is running fabulous, better than she has run in a long time.
Thanks in advance - Terry