Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Door removal question

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Default Door removal question

I have to replace my front passenger door and wonder if anyone could point out if or where the electrical plug is. Whether it is in the door or behind the foward trim or somewhere else. This will be nice to know before I start pulling everything apart. Many thanks...

Old 03-14-2006, 02:25 PM
Default RE: Door removal question

That's a 1995 Mazda Millenia

Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM

Are you replacing the entire door or just the interior trim panel? If doing the entire door, the main door connector is located in between the hinges on the body side. Just lift the little pin as is depicted in the pic below and should pull straight out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1377/3A92B673AEE344DDB790AF6D2FBFB0E7.gif[/IMG]

Old 03-15-2006, 12:15 PM

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my question. Very helpfull.
Dave...

Old 03-15-2006, 08:16 PM

I am looking for a Passenger Door in Pearl White and wonder if anyone has any knowledge of where one would be located off a salvage unit. I have located a Champaign color door but would pay little extra to not have to paint it, that's going to be a tough match and will end up having to paint the whole car. Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Old 03-15-2006, 10:36 PM

Think I might have found one at www.autowrecking.com It is located in Portland OR but might be worth a look. The following link might take you to the exact spot I was looking at. If you click on the images link next to front door you can see a picture.

http://www.autowrecking.com/950usr/V...1&Stock=PRD255

This link is to the pics of the car and door
http://www.autowrecking.com/901/PRD255/show.php

Old 03-17-2006, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the info. eMailed them and there a bit pricy and they don't want to ship it. If I knew someone in the area that knows them and help ship it otherwise I'm out of luck, I will try to find one bit closer.

I have another quick question, I just picked this vehicle up and they only had one key plus a keyless. I hear keys are very expencive and wonder if anyone has any ideas, do I have to go to a dealer for a replacement?

I would be happy with just getting a secondary key, also can the keyless entry units be purchased on eBay and programed?

Many thanks for all your help.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:36 PM

Well if worse comes to worse and you are unable to locate that door a little closer to the Great Lakes area give a post back. B and R autowreaking makes deliveries down south to us from Portland every other day or so and they do not charge to deliver it here. Not sure how I would package a complete door assembly and the shippiing costs would probably be quite a bit due to the size and weight but just in case you know. Could still be an option.

Am not sure if a key cutting place could order a key or not. We actually have to fax the order in with all the needed security information and they mail the key back to us. The place is actually pretty close to you. Here is address, phone, etc. that I have.

TOKAI RIKA USA, INC
100 Hill Brady Road
Battle Creek, MI 49015

phone is 269-966-0102

They show dealer cost to be $32.70 and suggested retail at $50.10 for a Primary Key.

You can get a remote from ebay but I guess is your gamble as to if it works or not. As long as it works and is the correct one then it is definitely programmable. Make sure the FCC ID is correct for your application or it will not work. Have seen a few on this forum purchase from an aftermarket place and it looks like they are new units for quite a bit cheaper then from Mazda. Check out the link below. It has that FCC ID listed below the pic of the car.

https://www.thepartsyouneed.com/disp...?productId=596

Old 03-18-2006, 03:03 PM

All good information, thank you. Checked into shipping and I would be too expencive, going to look a little closer to home. I was told about $100 for a key, sounded a but much, Battle Creek is really close. so I really appreciate the contact.

Problem with this car I've noticed is smoking on start up, after a few mins, all ok. The engine well, its a Miller Cycle engine with 145k miles and the last time I had this problem on another vehicle, I had to have the valve seals changed. Could this be a similar problem or could there be other reasons as its supercharged etc?