Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Door guard, chrome emblem removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:58 AM
Default Door guard, chrome emblem removal

What's the best way to do it? My 6 is only a month old and i don't want to mess up the paint or scratch it or anything. I am not really talking about the door edge guards, but the door guards that are in the middle of the door on all doors, the V6 emblem, and the emblems on the back. TIA

Old 07-19-2005, 01:29 AM
Default RE: Door guard, chrome emblem removal

im not sure if the emblems are mounted with or without small pegs on the back of the emblems.........if there are not pegs use a (dont laugh) kitchen knife of some sort to get just under the edge of the emblem, slowly and gently pull the emblem up and off, then use something similar to a bug and tar remover or (Goo Gone, you can find it at walmart and just about any auto parts store) to remove the sticky residue. If there are pegs on the back of the emblems, i do not recommend removing them, because you will have to do some extremely good bondo work to patch the tiny hole and then try to paint to match. the door guards are similar in concept but without pegs, they should pull off with a little bit of coaxing just take your time and also if both of those items are held in place with sticky tape/glue, you can take a blowdryer to it to warm the sticky stuff up to make it a little more pliable. hope that helps

Old 07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Door guard, chrome emblem removal

i believe it is all just adhesive. you can use a hot day and some fishing wire, just slide it down. Then like previously stated use goo gone to get the rest of the adhesive. Then wash and wax