Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Cooling and Squeak during driving.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 05:55 PM
Default Cooling and Squeak during driving.

Hey there all,

I just dropped a new engine in my 2001 2.5 Liter Millenia, and Ive got two problems.

The car runs great, no lifter noise, no smoke, just runs gorgeous. Revs up fine in the garage too.

Here's the problems though.

1. She overheats super fast. In less than a mile or two, gets to 3/4 on the guage. Because I replaced the engine, the fluid is newly put it, but I have run it several times, and have added probably around 2 gallons of fluid. Reservoir is at the full line now. Air bubbles caught in system?

2. I've got a weird squeak coming from what sounds like its right in front of my firewall. It sounds kind of like two pieces of metal rubbing together tightly. It only occurs when driving, and does not change with RPM range. It is slightly affected by road bumps, but it also occurs on smooth pavement. Rocking the car when its stationary doesn't replicate the noise.

Any body got any ideas? I am planning on ruling out the cat tonight, just going to pull the exhaust off and see if that stops the noise, that would fix the noise and the overheating.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:26 PM

Squeak turned out to be Cat. hitting a support joist due to bad supports.

Overheating was caused by clogged radiator and air near thermostat.